Thursday, April 1, 2010

Heading for the DMZ

That's right ... tomorrow morning we are flying to Korea!  Until I started doing a little research for our trip, I had very little idea how close Seoul is to the DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) and North Korea -- only about 30 miles!  

While I don't think we'll really be going for any DMZ tours, we are extremely excited to be going to visit a friend from Peace Corps who is now teaching school there.

Amanda and I shared a room and Tongan host family during our first few weeks in Tonga (see a couple pictures below of our house, room & family).  We relied on each other a lot as we went through the sometimes difficult adjustment of life in Peace Corps.  I am thrilled to get the opportunity to visit her and to do a little exploring of another country.

1 comment:

Molly W. said...

SO cool! Can't wait to see pics, Car! have a great time. xo