Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Yes, we are finally back in wonderful California.
We are fortunate enough to get to spend a week in Los Angeles to visit with family/friends there, then spend a week at a family camp near Santa Cruz and a final week with my parents before heading back to Spokane and onto the great unknown...
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Saturday morning, we decided to go for an "easy-to-moderate" hike (as defined by Jeremy!). What I soon learned was that hiking Sandin-style meant driving this 4-wheel drive vehicle until it was no longer feasible, then heading out in the general direction of where a waterfall was known to be. There was no trail or path at all!
Monday, July 21, 2008
We will be traveling to Palau at the end of August and will live on the small island of Angaur for 10 1/2 months. We are quite excited about the prospect of returning to the South Pacific for what may be a Peace Corps type experience without the bureaucratic headache. Woo-hoo, tropics here we come!
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Thursday, July 17, 2008
On Tuesday, we received a job offer from the American School in Marrakesh, Morocco. Jason for a 2nd grade teaching position and me for a high school art part-time teaching position. The school provides furnished housing, some relocation allowance and is extremely excited about the prospect of having us on staff. Here's a link to their website:
Morocco - http://www.asm.ma/podium/default.aspx?t=105594
We did interview for the caretaking job in Palau (we were 1 of 100+ applicants & excited just to get an interview!) the week before last, but had not heard a decision back from them to date and in our minds had sort of checked it off ... but after receiving an offer from Morocco, we connected back to see if we could get a status before making our decision .... and .... we got offered the job there as well. Here's the link to their website:
Palau - http://www.palauislandhome.com/
We're completely overwhelmingly grateful to have two such unique opportunities for the next year of our "adventure," but at the same time we're having a really difficult time deciding which one will be the best option for us. I spent the morning making a pros/cons list for both and really they are incomparable. Please be praying for us as we make this decision within the next day or so.