Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Vacation's over ...

We arrived back in Shanghai 10 days ago. Our students arrived at the dorm on Tuesday and school started on Wednesday. It was a busy week last week and I haven't been ready yet to let go of our time in the US (although I'd happily "let go" of the 5 lbs I gained on vacation!). I've been going through the pictures I took while we were home and reminiscing about being with family and friends. I still can't get over how restoring it was to our spirits to be in wide, open, beautiful spaces...



Jason got to get photos with the "Hollywood" sign and both his grandmothers!














The Schlafmann clan ... Jason's grandma Elsie is 98!


Peace Corps Tonga friends ...














Gail & Brett, two very dear friends of mine.  One from high school and the other from freshman year of college. 















Ahhh ... my favorite, the ocean!



























Hanging out with my older sister's family.  The boys adore Jason (who doesn't though?)















I love that Seth's hair is completely caked in sand and he doesn't realize or care.





Time with my family ...















An amazing sunset from Jason's sisters house ... just like ever day must have an end, so does every vacation :)

3 comments:

williamqliu said...

Looks like an amazing vacation! :) Great pictures!

Shan in Japan said...

Welcome back to Asia! Are you in sweltering heat there, too?! So glad you could have a refreshing time in the US.

Molly W. said...

sad we didn't take a picture! I LOVED seeing you guys, thanks again so much for making time for us in your busyness, meant a lot. xo