Monday, August 26, 2013

California Dreamin'

Before I get going on everything that IS our new home here in Guatemala, I figured I should at least do a wrap-up of our time in California.  We have only been gone a week, but already it seems like a lifetime ago...

We camped at Pismo Beach for 5 days - my younger sister, Jeannie & her son, Talon joined us for a few days and so did my brother, Mark and sis-in-law, Ashley.  It wasn't the warmest of beach camping, but fun in any event!






















































































































We saw lots of friends!!!

With Pam & Marti - two lovely ladies that I house sat for regularly when I lived in LA

Claudia, who I am so glad to have met
through working at Unum over 12 years ago!
With Claudia's boys!










This pict was taken by Andy -- Julie & I met at summer camp in high school, I first visited Guatemala with her 7 years
 ago when she returned for a visit after living here for three years.

Mrs. Penny, my kindergarten teacher







The Botts family - fun friends who do a lot of adventuring too





"Grandma" & "grandpa" Layton -
not real grandparents, but a very
sweet couple who have been close to
our family since I was a kid.






























Luke went to In-N-Out for the first time!  With Jason even wearing his In-N-Out his shirt!



















My birthday (wow, I'm 37 now!) -- had to get some vaccinations first thing (oops, we forgot that typhoid expires!), then got to go for a hike up Bishop's Peak in San Luis Obispo, then Thai food at Noi's with my parents and an AWESOME sunset in Morro Bay -- couldn't ask for a better gift!
















Luke got to go to Hot August Nights road show in Atascadero, then to the car show the next day.  He was the first baby to ride in my Dad's restored '57 Chevy Nomad -- he already has an appreciation for American muscle :)





While we were home, we were fortunate to have several people take photos of us (i.e. Luke) on their cameras ...

My friend Gail:






















My Aunt Lori:






































Andy Silk:

































And lastly, my brother Mark on the morning of our departure:


























My friend Christy served us our last meal in the States, then helped us get to the airport and get checked-in. What a life saver!!!













No comments: