Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Friend from Chicago

This week, my friend Star has come to NYC for a visit! I had the realization when she & I were catching up on Monday, that I hadn't been sure if she was someone I would ever see again...the last time we saw each other, I was leaving for Tonga for 2 years and she was in the midst of packing to move to Chicago to complete her PhD. And yet, here we are ... in New York City, hanging out together. God is good.

After work yesterday, Jason & I met up with Star at a great little upper west side Thai place called Charm (which apparently means "bowl" in Thai, so the restaurant has cool bowls all over the walls and hanging from the ceiling) for a delicious dinner and to catch up on her adventures of being a tourist before we all headed back to our place to crash out.













Of course, on the way home, we had to stop in at a Crumbs for a cupcake (sorry, we ate them before getting any photos!) and then made a quick stop at Columbia University for a couple photos.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I've been meaning to ask you... New York Hot Dog Carts - are the hot dogs amazing?? It's something I'm really excited to try when we come!!