Friday, April 3, 2009

A possibility?

Over the past few weeks, Jason & I both have interviewed at a school in Honduras - Jason for a 6th grade math/science teacher position and myself for a computer lab/media role position. Today, when we checked our e-mail, we received job offers! We are so thankful to God for His provision for us!

Of course, I've been making a pros & cons list in my head, which perhaps I'll share a bit of here...

-the elementary school is located on the beautiful university campus below;
-the positions are ones that we both feel like would be good fits for us;
-our interactions with the administrator have been positive & we both feel like she would be a very good boss (she also has relatives from my home town - Atascadero);
-the positions are paid (yay!), with most of our airfare also covered;
-housing is provided;
-it's very inexpensive to live in Honduras, and there is an abundance of fresh fruit & veggies readily available.

-the start date is August 10th (we aren't expecting to be back in the States until July 18th or 19th), so that doesn't leave us much time to visit with family/friends after being gone, in such a remote location all year;
-the provided housing sounds quite a bit less than ideal (with no great alternate options);
-the contract commitment would be for 2 years (vs. one year);
-the climate would be fairly similar to here and although we both really love the tropical climate, we'd been thinking we were ready for something different

So, we'd really appreciate your prayers over the next day or two as we work to come to a decision on this potential job. We want to be where God would have us - please pray that we would have wisdom and would be able to clearly see what direction we should be going in.

Pictures from

1 comment:

Will said...

Ooh sounds awesome if you guys do this!!! :)