Saturday, January 5, 2013

Another year, really?

I feel like this year has just come and gone and that the holidays completely flew by.  And, now everyone is wishing me "happy new year" and I'm writing 2013 on things and it sort of freaks me out a little bit.  I don't feel ready for another year yet.  Do you?

I am not one who generally makes any New Year resolutions--I feel like if I want to commit to doing something, I should just do it, you know?  But this year, I am resolving (especially for the next 11 weeks) to enjoy every moment of quiet solitude that I have, alone and hanging out with my husband.  I know that my world is going to be completely rocked here pretty soon and I am really trying to take advantage of how things are right now so that I don't feel like I missed out on enjoying this time.  On that note, Jason and I are resolving to go on more planned dates together, while we can and while it's easy/simple to just jump in our car and GO.

My other resolution is to absolutely enjoy where we live right now.  I don't know too many places where you can literally see stars from every window in your home at night; and, watch the sun rise in the morning and the moon rise in the evening from the dining room.  When I think about it, I can't believe that we get live with all this incredible beauty around us - everyday!

With that being said, this is one of my favorite trees on our property.  It's a wild apple tree that we can see it out our window.  For some reason it grabs me every time I see it.  It is pretty in all seasons, but I think winter is my favorite.




























1 comment:

Shan in Japan said...

That is a beautiful tree! I can't see many stars here so I am jealous. Whenever I go to SD I always sit outside at night looking at the stars.
I agree with you, how did we get to this new year already?! :)