Monday, February 25, 2013

Listening for the snow plow

Although most people probably do not like getting woken up at 6 am by the noisy grinding and rumbling of a snow plow coming down the road, I have to admit that I actually DO.  The noise of the plow means several things to me:

a) we have new snow
b) we got enough snow for the road crew to justify plowing the 2 miles to our place which basically no one else lives along (random fact, our plow guy is the father of olympic gold medalist, Hannah Teter)
c) with the road cleared, we'll now be able to get to work without too many problems

I sometimes have a hard time staying in bed when I hear the plow because to me it means it's probably going to be beautiful outside.  Of course, it also means we probably will need to do some shoveling work around our car and out to the outhouse, but the beauty far outweighs the work to me.








No comments: