I LOVE french toast -- anytime I get to go out to breakfast, I inevitably find myself ordering french toast. For some reason I just cannot change and it can be a little annoying since I do like trying new things.
Jason & I had a little outing last week to King Arthur Flour ... which was very fun
... and he bought me this (awesome) cookbook that I've had on my wishlist for a while.
Of course, what is the first thing I choose to cook up?? An amazing french toast coffee cake recipe. And, WOW was it delicious. Just that one recipe was worth the price of the book ... and there are 99 more recipes still to try!
This french toast combines a lot of things that I like
- you can make it the night before
- it uses "old" bread
- it combines the deliciousness of french toast, bread pudding and coffee cake.
Want to receive these updates by email? Just enter your address here:
How we got here ... with a couple babies!
We first met on July 7, 2006. We'd both quit our jobs and gotten rid of nearly all our possessions. We had joined the Peace Corps and were heading to the Kingdom of Tonga in the South Pacific. We thought we were prepared for whatever lay ahead ... neither of us had a clue.
Just over 10 months after we first met, we were MARRIED! Since then our adventures have included:
- a year in New York City, living in a Harlem brownstone apartment - going off-the-grid & into a tent-cabin on tiny Angaur island in Palau - living with a bunch of teenagers in Shanghai, China while working as dormitory parents
- off-the-grid again & into a barn on 400 forested acres in Vermont
- at the base of volcanos in beautiful Panajachel, Guatemala
And now ... on the hunt for a new career, we find ourselves in IDAHO!
We love to experience this great big world and hope you will join us for the journey!