Sunday, June 23, 2013

Flower Pots @ Hopewell Rocks

It's funny how I can read about a place and have a picture in my mind of what it is like and then arrive and see that while the description was accurate, my imagination was not.  Bay of Fundy was sort of like this.  I don't think I realized just how BIG it was until we were actually travelling there.  I also thought that most of the bay looked like this place -- Hopewell Rocks.  This seems to be where most of the pictures of the bay are taken due to the cool rock formations, but I found out that it is just one small section of an enormous area.  The other thing is that I never imagined was that when the water came in, it would be so brown.

We had a great day of exploring -- it is very strange to walk on what will soon be the ocean's floor, knowing that when the water comes in, it will be far above the top of our heads.

These are the flower pots and I really never gained a clear understanding of why they were named such, but there are pretty cool.


















Some before and after shots --





































A kayaker explores the area --












































1 comment:

Shan in Japan said...

Looks like you are really getting to enjoy God's creation as you travel! Have fun!