Sunday, May 27, 2018

Putting my parents to work

Although my parents are here on "vacation," they have been keeping very busy. 

My Dad doesn't like to sit still for too long, so I'd been keeping a list of random fix-it type things for him to work on during their visit ... just in case :) Lucky for us, most of that list has now been completed. My Dad has been great! Installing a new light fixture, putting up blinds, creating closet shelving and a host of other random things.

Meanwhile, my Mom (even while needing to wear a walking boot at all times) has done a bunch of cooking and the washing up after every.single.meal; along with creating a rhubarb/strawberry pie masterpiece with the kids & making a batch of my most favorite potato salad. She also bought us some nice plants and put her landscaping consultant hat on; giving us a great start to our patio area. Hurray!

Both of them have taken turns playing and reading to the kids as well. A very full "vacation." We've been so glad to have had them here to help as well as make fun memories together.



















































































Having a break from all that work and enjoying a treat at Jerry's Donuts!



















No comments: