Saturday, April 27, 2019

Petting bear cubs

While I was away earlier this month, Jason got to take the kids to a local tourist attraction, Bear Country, USA. My MOPS mentor mom, Karen and her husband generously took them to the park on their season pass. Specifically, for a very special, one-weekend a year event -- Cub Fest! The one weekend where the new crop of bear cubs are able to be pet by visitors.

The big catch to attending this event (other than the cost) is that you have to wait in line inside your car alongside the highway for close to 2 hours before you actually can get in park ... with your small children. Ugh! I am really glad the kids got to go, but I'll admit I am glad I didn't have to be there waiting in the line :)

The park does contain a lot more than just bears ... the kids had a great time checking out all the other animals, and especially loved the bouncy house play area (of course!). Big thanks to Dale & Karen who treated our family to such a fun, memorable day!!!






















 


No comments: