Sunday, May 15, 2011

It's been awhile ...

I've been a little remiss on here lately.  I think it's because I haven't captured any interesting photos or had any major mishaps to share.  But, we've been keeping ourselves busy with other things ...

Two weeks ago, I found out that my best friend here in China would be moving away not in 8 weeks as planned, but in 5 days.  Needless to say, those last 5 days together were quite frantic, trying to have a bit of fun while getting her (plus her two kiddos) packed up.  We got to hang out everyday before saying goodbye, but I still feel like I'm in a bit of shock.  Obviously, I knew I was going to have to say goodbye, but hadn't really gotten ready to do it yet ... so goodbye to my sweet China-friend, Natalie and her babies, Olivia & George.



   
























On a different note, Shanghai has been lovely and warm the past couple weeks.  Last year this was my favorite time in Shanghai -- warm enough not to be bundled all time, but not so warm that the mosquitos were swarming yet.  I found myself really enjoying our small balcony and being able to have windows open.  This year, things are a bit different around our house --
This is the view from our window.  These houses (that are 20 feet away!) have been under a heavy remodel since February.  Literally the entire interior, exterior and roofs have been removed from both and are now in the process of being put back on.  Clouds of construction dust have billowed over our house for weeks and we get to listen to the near constant sound of what seem to be jack hammers, drills, generators, nail guns, etc.  Plus, these guys and 15 of their friends are at eye level :)












This hasn't stopped me from getting a few flowers though and in spite of the noise, dust and random men peering at me, I love my tiny garden.


1 comment:

Molly W. said...

wow, you're a saint woman!