Monday, May 23, 2011

Turtle anyone?

A few weeks ago while riding our bikes, we noticed a man in a hardhat with a large, live turtle/tortoise hanging from a stick.  We could hardly believe it!  Especially since it looked very similar to the Galapagos ones we've seen at the Shanghai zoo.  I couldn't help but wonder if somebody had stolen it from the zoo and was trying to re-sell it.  I didn't think it was a site I would ever see again and then last week, right outside our school, this man is dangling an ordinary looking turtle from a stick. 
(This isn't a great quality photo since I took it from across the street, but you get the idea)

4 comments:

Kim said...

Found this for you :) They are for sale, but not as a pet!

http://www.wafflesandsteel.com/china-cycling/street-food-its-a-turtle-on-a-stick/

williamqliu said...

haha, poor turtle! You should've bought him and kept it as a pet :)

Carrie said...

Kim - that is hilarious! I love that you found that! Thanks for sharing (of course in China anything/everything is edible!

Kim said...

what I'd really like to know is, what is the construction hat for????