Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Friends!

We were lucky enough to have some wonderful friends come for a visit this past weekend.  Can I just say how nice it was to have friends around - even if it was just for a couple days?  It makes me realize how much I miss people.  Oddly enough, living in Vermont has actually left me feeling more isolated than when we lived in Shanghai, so it was great to be able to connect with some good friends.
Megan and I met 15 years ago while at college and I am so thankful that we've been able to continue our friendship.  She and her husband, Michael, made the 10 hour (one-way) drive up to see us and had no qualms about staying in our off-the-grid living situation.  
Michael who has a very nice camera and a gifted eye for photos, took some beautiful photos which he agreed could be shared here.  Any of those photos are marked with a MM in the corner. 

As you will be able to see ... I am still toothless.  Grrr.  After getting my bridge re-bonded, it only stayed in a week before falling right back out again, right before a holiday weekend.  So, I was toothless in Vermont for the weekend.  Fun :)
We had an awesome time hiking, canoeing, talking & talking, playing board games & football (on a field lit by car headlights), making applesauce and eating (of course!)

PS -- we're all wearing bright colors since deer hunting season began this past weekend and we didn't want to get shot! I can't believe that after living in LA & NYC, I'm more afraid of getting shot here in the wilderness of Vermont!

 





 
 
 


















2 comments:

Shan in Japan said...

Yay for visitors!!!
My parents are coming in two weeks and I am so excited-and I am not even isolated:) The applesauce looks yummy!

Molly W. said...

Ah, so fun! I love visits from friends!! And I know her face, I totally recognize her! I'm glad you had such a nice visit!