Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Oh Fireflies, how I love thee!

I don't exactly know why, but I LOVE Fireflies. Perhaps it is because I didn't grow up with them around -- are they anywhere on the west coast, do you know? I still get childishly excited to see them. Yesterday, I had the opportunity to walk home just as it was getting dark and I was treated to the most fantastic show of Fireflies that I have seen in a long time! There are onion fields along our road in the flat space before the steep mountain begins and these awesome beetles were darting all over the place above the field and in the forest up the mountain, flickering their wonderful lights on and off. It was such a good reminder of why I love being in a place where walking is my primary mode of transportation -- you get to experience so much more. I would have missed seeing that if I'd taken a tuk-tuk and I am so glad I didn't.

I would have dearly loved to capture them on film, but I don't think my camera could do it and it was so much better to just drink the beautiful sight in,giving praise to our Creator for giving us something so wonderful to enjoy!

I do have a picture of Luke getting into the lake this past weekend ... and getting very dirty in the process :)

No comments: