Saturday, December 5, 2015

South-facing window views

Moving into town this year I knew I'd miss the wonderfully peaceful view we had from our place last year.  Most days now I find my eyes resting on this pretty, but distant scene.




The {uncropped} reality looks like this -- an empty jack in the box, the UPS store parking lot and an economy hotel. Not quite so pretty.
























In addition to our pretty view from last year, I knew I'd especially miss the amazing sunsets we got to see. Unbeknownst to me, since the sun sits so far south in the winter, we actually get to see it rise and set (when we have a clear day) from the south-facing windows of our house in town during the winter months. Hurrah for south-facing windows (something I never thought growing up in California)! This morning, we had an orange glow on all our walls which was so wonderful in the midst of this dreary season.
















No comments: