Friday, April 7, 2017

Feeling fallible & our first beach/lake day of the year!

It's interesting to me how a day can be completely planned out in my head and then all of those plans can immediately come to an end in the briefest of moments and remind me SO SO thoroughly how I really have no control over my life. How all my plans are only that and how I should not cling too tightly or confidently to any one of them ...

This morning after Jason left for school we had a brief but very strong windstorm during which a tree came down just down the street from our house. The kids didn't have shoes on, but I hauled each of them onto a hip and took them out to see the destruction ... then came in and bent down to pick up a laundry basket and realized I was NOT going to be able to unbend. Ugh. So ... change of plans for the day (and probably the weekend) and a reminder that God is in control and HE had different plans for me.

As I type, I realize that rarely credit God with changes in plan that turn out to be great ... only the ones where I don't get to do what I thought I wanted. Why is that?

My friend Kaitlyn & I did have an awesome spontaneous beach day on Wednesday and I will totally credit God for what a fabulous day it turned out to be. She & I have been loosely planning on doing a few area day trips and when we saw that the weather was going to be OVER 60 degrees for the first time in a long, long time, decided to head up to Coeur d'Alene to the lake for the day. It was fabulous and I am so thankful to God for the lovely outdoor day with a good friend.

I learned when we were at the beach during our California trip that it is absolutely the best place to be with the kids ... they are really entertained and it makes for the most relaxing environment to be in as a parent. Hurray for that :)




No trip to Coeur d'Alene is complete without a stop at Dockside Restaurant for a Gooey :)


No comments: