We first met on July 7, 2006. We'd both quit our jobs and gotten rid of nearly all our possessions. We had joined the Peace Corps and were heading to the Kingdom of Tonga in the South Pacific. We thought we were prepared for whatever lay ahead ... neither of us had a clue.
Just over 10 months after we first met, we were MARRIED!
Since then our adventures have included:
- a year in New York City, living in a Harlem brownstone apartment
- going off-the-grid & into a tent-cabin on tiny Angaur island in Palau
- living with a bunch of teenagers in Shanghai, China while working as dormitory parents
- off-the-grid again & into a barn on 400 forested acres in Vermont
- at the base of volcanos in beautiful Panajachel, Guatemala
- 3 years in North Idaho working on a new career path
And now post career change, we find ourselves in S. Dakota (of all places!!!)
We love to experience this great big world and hope you will join us for the journey!
-- Jason and Carrie Schlafmann