Monday, April 23, 2012

God provides .... a blueberry patch

Last week I started a new job.  A job I hadn't even applied for.  A job where I could carpool with Jason and where I got to work outside.  I probably shouldn't be amazed anymore at the creative ways that God continues to provide for us, but I am!

As I have been working here, I've had a lot of time to think and remember how often during my eight years of working in a cubicle I wished I could just be a gardener ... and now I have the opportunity!  It's wonderful!

This doesn't look like much (I had no idea what blueberry bushes even looked like!), but it's over 450 bushes that will produce large, scrumptious berries come summertime.  I've had the opportunity to prune and fertilize all of them and will start weeding and mulching next week :)

1 comment:

Molly W. said...

I can personally attest to the MANY conversations we had about what you would rather be doing...and it was always something very simple and non-stressful. :) Good for you, friend!